Pumkin pie spice cutouts
- 3 cups All-purpose flour(maida).
- 2 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice.
- 2 tsp. Ginger.
- 1/2 tsp. Allspice (berries).
- 1/2 tsp. Cardamom.
- 1 1/2 Cups butter.
- 1 Cup Sugar.
- Salt Accordingly.
- 2 Large Egg yolks.
- 1 Medium Vanilla Bean.
- Colored sugar and prepared frosting for decorating
Method to prepare:
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, allspice and cardamom and place aside.
- Add butter, sugar and salt in large bowl. Using a spoon, beating the mixture until it turns light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks and beat until it turns smooth.
- Using a the knife, split the vanilla bean in half, lengthwise. Excoriation the seeds from both sides with the tip of the knife and add them to the butter-sugar mixture in it then beat to combine.
- Then add in flour-spice mixture blending until fully unified.
- Divide the flour mixture stiff enough to roll in half; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate at least one hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove and unwrap 1/2 the flour mixture stiff on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out to 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and transfer to prepared baking sheets.
- Roll out scraps and repeat with remaining flour mixture stiff re-chilling if required.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12 min.
- Cool on sheets frost if desired.
- Store in airtight container to remain crispy.