- 1 cup whole wheat flour.
- 1 cup unbleached white flour.
- 1 tablespoons arrowroot.
- Salt according to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- 2 tablespoons oil.
- 1 cup buttermilk.
- 1 cup water.
Method of preparation:
- Mix well all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Allow the flour mixture thin enough set it in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Mix the fermented dough before cooking so it get mix well.
- Heat the pan on medium heat until it turns hot. We will use oil to cook the pancakes.
- Pour the mixture in the pan give the shape and size according to your wish and cook it until the mixture bubbles and the underside turns golden.
- See that the pancakes is cooked on the other side for about half the time used for the first side.
- Serve hot with butter, fruit, syrup, jam, or whipped cream.