Gajar Ki Kanji
- 4 Large Carrots.
- 1 Medium Beetroot.
- 3 tablespoons Salt.
- 1½ tablespoons Coarse red chilli powder.
- 4 tablespoons Coarse mustard seeds powder.
- Scrub carrots and beetroot and wash under running water. Peel and cut into batons.
- Take carrot and beetroot batons in a bowl.
- Add salt, coarse red chilli powder, coarse mustard powder and mix.
- Add eighteen cups of water and stir.
- Cover the bowl with a muslin cloth and tie it round the rim.
Let it stand in the sun for three to four days.
- When ready chill in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
- The kanji must not be used after 10 days and it should be consumed within ten days.