Black Bean Chipotle Salsa
- 4 cups ripe chopped tomatoes.
- 1 16-oz can of black beans.
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen yellow corn.
- 2 cloves garlic.
- 3 tablespoons chopped chipotles in sause (which contains the mixture of tomato puree, paprika, salt, onions, oil, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves and oregano. )
- 1 tsp fire-roasted canned jalapenos or fresh minced jalapenos.
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion.
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro.
- 1 tbsp lime juice.
- 2 tsp tequila.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat the olive oil, add the minced garlic and fry for 10 seconds.
- Add half the chopped tomatoes, and some salt. Fry for a few minutes until they have cooked down to half their volume.
- If using frozen corn, add at this stage, and switch off the flame. The corn will thaw in the tomato mixture.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the black beans under running water in a sieve. Drain it well.
- Add it to the tomato mixture along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir and cover. let it sit for about 15 minutes for the flavours to blend.