Apricot, Blueberry and Sunflower Seeds
- 1-1/2 cups Spelt Flour.
- 1/2 cup Buckwheat Flour.
- 1 lg. or 2 sm. Bananas.
- 1/2 cup Pitted Dates (whole or pieces).
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds, raw, hulled.
- 1-1/2 tsp. Baking Soda.
- Apple Juice.
- 1 pint Blueberries frozen.
- 6-12 Apricots.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl place the spelt and buckwheat flour.
- Add the baking soda and mix well.
- Add the sunflower seeds and frozen blueberries.
- We use frozen blueberries to prevent premature bursting while baking, and suggest washing and freezing the blueberries the day before use.
- Mix well.
- In a high speed blender place the bananas, dates, and just enough apple juice to facilitate grinding into a smooth, thick liquid.
- Cover the blender and run it at high speed until smooth.
- Add to the flour mixture.
- Wash down the blender container with a little apple juice and add as necessary to the flour mixture.
- Mix until the batter is smooth but slightly stiff, adding apple juice as necessary.
- Spoon the batter onto a non-sticky or lightly oiled baking sheet to form the size oven cakes as desire.
- Add apricot halves on top of the oven cakes.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the oven cakes are firm.
- The juice from the apricots and blueberries provides a natural syrup.