Spicy Cheddar-Stuffed Burgers
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, undrained.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef.
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning.
- 1/2 (10-ounce) package Cheddar cheese, cut into 4 thick (1.25-ounce) slices.
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns.
- Toppings: tomato slices, red onion slices, romaine lettuce leaves, yellow mustard, mayonnaise.
- Process chipotle peppers in a blender until smooth.
- Measure 4 teaspoons puree, reserving remainder for another use, if desired.
Combine 4 teaspoons puree, ground beef, and steak seasoning in a large bowl until blended.
- Shape mixture into 8 (4-inch) patties; place 1 cheese slice on each of 4 patties. Top with remaining 4 patties, pressing edges to seal.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink.
- Serve burgers on buns with desired toppings.