- Koya 300gms.
- Chana 50gms.
- Sugar 1kg.
- Flour 50gms.
- Soda pinch.
- Cardamom 5gms.
- Pistachio 10gms.
- Saffron 1gm.
- Rose water 2-3 drops.
- Ghee to fry.
Method of Preparation :
- Knead koya gently.
- Break into granules.
- Make a sugar syrup of 1 string consistency with the sugar.
- Keep it warmImmerse soda in 1 tsp of water.
- Combine the channa and koya.
- Add soda mix, flour and kead gently.
- Reserve about 15gms of filling and divide about 24 balls of an inch diameter with the remaining mixture.
- Add pistachio and saffron to the reserve mixture. Mix well.
- Flatten each ball, place little filling in the center, smoothen.
- Heat the fat, add the balls and deep fry on a slow fire until golden brown.
- Remove, drain and immerse immediately in sugar syrup and serve with little syrup.