- 1 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour.
- 3/4 Cup butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened.
- 1/4 Cup sugar.
- 1 Large egg yolk.
- Grated peel of 1 small lemon.
- 5 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened.
- 1 3/4 Cups sugar.
- 5 Large eggs.
- 1/4 Cup milk.
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour.
- 2 Large egg yolks.
- Grated peel of 1 small lemon
- 1 Can wholeberry cranberry sauce.
- 1/3 Cup orange marmalade.
- 1/4 Cup sugar.
- Dash nutmeg.
To prepare pastry:
- In a small bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat flour, butter, sugar, egg yolk and grated lemon peel until well mixed.
- Shape dough into ball; wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Press 1/3 of dough onto bottom of 10” x 2 1/2” springform pan; keep remaining dough refrigerated.
- Bake crust 8 minutes or until it turns golden then cool in pan on wire rack.
- Turn oven control to 475 F.
- While crust is cooling, prepare filling:
How to prepare Filling:
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese just until smooth; slowly beat in sugar, scraping bowl often with rubber spatula.
- Add eggs, milk, four, egg yolks and lemon peel.
- Beat 5 minutes scraping bowl.
- Press remaining dough around side of pan to within 1 inch of top.
- Pour cremates mixture into crust. Bake cheesecake 12 minutes.
- Turn oven control to 300 F.; bake 35 minutes longer. Turn oven off; let cheesecake remain in oven 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven; cool in pan on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until well chilled.
- When cheesecake is firm, with spatula, loosen pan side from cheesecake and remove; loosen cake from pan bottom; slide onto serving plate.
Wholeberry cranberry sauce topping:
- In a small pan, on low heat, mix together cranberry sauce, marmalade, sugar, nutmeg until it just comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Top cheesecake with sauce and chill for atleast 2 hours.
- Decorate with whipped cream before serving.