- 1 litre milk.
- 2 cups sugar.
- 6 cups water.
- 1 tsp. Maida.
- To prepare paneer:
- ½ cup water.
- ¼ tsp. Citric acid.
- Dissolve the citric acid in water.
- Boil the milk. In the boiling milk and add dissolved citric acid water, little by little till the milk curdles completely.Drain out the whey by hanging the paneer tied in a muslin cloth for about two hours.
- Mix the maida to the dried paneer, rub well till it turns white and soft.Form small balls.
- Boil sugar in water in a large vessel.When the syrup starts boiling add the paneer balls.Boil for five minutes keeping vessel open.
- Cover half the vessel and boil for another 10 minutes.Uncover the vessel again and boil for further 5 minutes.
- Put off the heatAllow the rasgoolas to cool.Refrigerate if desired.