Banana Split Ice Cream
- 2 cups white sugar.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1 quart milk.
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk.
- 6 eggs, beaten.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- 1 quart chocolate milk.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, thawed.
- 3 bananas, diced .
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice.
Methods to Prepare:
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, flour, salt, milk and evaporated milk.
- Cook, stirring, until bubbles form at edges and mixture is slightly thickened.
- Pour a small amount of hot milk into the beaten eggs, stirring to combine. Then remove milk mixture from heat and stir the eggs into the milk until fully incorporated.
- Stir in vanilla, chocolate milk, strawberries, bananas and pineapple with its juice. Pour into the freezer canister of an ice cream maker, adding milk as needed to bring to fill line.
- Chill in refrigerator until quite cold, then freeze according to the given instructions.