Lemon Curd Receipe
- 1 cups sugar.
- 1 zest of 1 lemon.
- 1/2 cup butter.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup squeezed lemon juice.
- According to taste salt.
Method of preparation
- Place the sugar in a bowl add the lemon zest in it and mix well so that they are mixed properly.
- When properly mixed add the butter and process to blend.
- Add the eggs mixed it too then further add the lemon juice and the salt.
- Pour the mixture into a small pan and cook very slowly over a low heat, stirring constantly, untils it gets slightly thickened.
- Do not allow the mixture to get boiled.
- To check the consistency, check the curd is prepared by swiping the fingure in the stirring spoon if it leaves a clear path on the spoon, the curd is ready then set it aside and pour in a bowl from the pan.
- Refrigerate for few hours, until it get well chilled.
- Curd keeps in the refrigerator for several weeks.
- Slather it on toast or biscuits as jam is on the bread.