Method of preparation:
- Boil the black dal and red kidney beans(after soaking it for 8 hrs) for a whistle in pressure cooker and after that 20 min in medium heat.
- Heat butter in a pan; add ginger, onions, garlic and sauté in medium heat untill it turns reddish brown.
- Add tomatoes, green chillies, turmeric powder and cumin powder. Sauté until tomatoes are soft and cooked.
- Add the cooked dal and bean, salt, garam masala powder, 1 cup of water and simmer it for 30 minutes Keep it it stirring occationally so it does not thicken itself at the bottom of the pan.
- Garnish with chopped coriander,sliced onions, sliced green chillies, a tomato cucumber salad and serve with a naan/rice.