- 3 cup : Whole wheat flour
- 1¾ cup : Water.
- to taste : Salt.
- 1 tbsp : Ghee.
- 1 pinch : Baking soda.
- 6 stks : mint leaves
- 2 tsp : Garam masala powder
- ¼ cup : Ghee.
Method to prepare:
- Chop the fresh mint leaves.
- In a cup take garam masala .
- Heat water in microwave for a minute that it should be warm.
- Combine whole wheat flour with salt and baking soda, add water slowly to make a dough.
- A soft dough knead for about 15 minutes cover and for half an hour.
- Divide the dough into equal balls.
- Take one portion, dusting flour, roll out into a circular disc.
- The thickness should be very thin Spread a spoon ghee over the topmost layer.
- Sprinkle some chopped mint leaves and garam masala powder and make a fold.
- Start rolling from one corner and seal the other end underneath the dough bud.
- Dust the board with little flour and roll out the dough bud.
- Roll out only one side, do not flip and roll.
- Press gently to roll without affecting the layers, too much rolling will spoil the layer and it will look like flat chapati.
- The rolled should be little thick with visible layers.
- Place the rolled on tava or pan to fry.(Flat pan)
- Fry for few seconds medium high flame then turn to other side and cook for another 30 seconds.