Chocolate Sponge Custard
- 3 : Eggs.
- 1/4 : Teaspoon cream of tartar.
- 1 1/4 cup : Milk.
- 1/3 cup : Chocolate-flavored syrup.
- 1/4 cup : All-purpose flour.
- 3/4 tsp : vanilla.
Method of Preparation:
- In a bowl beat egg whites with cream of tartar until it get stiff , until it whites slip no longer when bowl is tilted.
- In a bowl, blend yolks, milk, syrup, flour, and vanilla until it get smoothen. Fold it into beaten whites.
- Place 6 (6 oz.) lightly greased custard cups in large baking pan.
- Pour egg mixture into cups.
- Place pan on rack in preheated 350ºF oven.
- Pour very hot water into pan to within 1/2 inch of top of custards.
- Bake until chuffed and cake tester wooden pick used to inserted near center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from hot water.
- Cool at least 5 minutes before serving.