- 1 packet : Khaman Dhokla.
- 1 : Onion (chopped).
- 1 Tsp : Mustard seed.
- 4 Tbs : Oil.
- 1 Tsp : Zeera.
- 1 Cup : Peas, carrot, cucumber( chopped together).
- 2 Tbsp : Methi leaves ( chopped and cooked).
- Ginger paste.
- A pinch of Asfoetida (Hing).
- 2 Tbs : yoghurt.
- Few Curry leaves.
- 2 : Green chilles cut into two equal halves.
- Sugar according to taste.
Method of preparation:
- In a bowl mix the khaman dhokla, 2 Tbs yogurt, 2 Tbs of oil and some water.
- Now add the cooked methi leaves, zeera and the gingerpaste and mix well saute it .
- Add enough water to make into a smooth paste.
- Steaming it.
- Keep checking it is steamed properly.
Another method to cook in microwave:
- Take a microwave safe square box.
- Apply a thin coatings with a little oil and pour in it the batter prepared till you have about an 1 inch of depth filled up.
- Cover it with a lid and cook it in the microwave time to set timming between 7-10 minutes .
- Check if the cake is cooked by poking with toothpicks.
- Take it out let it cool and cut into the shapes as desired.
- In a pan add 1 tsp of oil let it get a little hot and then add some mustard seeds.
- After those sputtering have quietened down add the curry leaves, hing and onions saute untill golden brown.
- Add all the remaining vegetables and fry on simmer hot untill everything looks slightly cooked.
- Add the sugar, chillies and some lemon juice to make it spicy and sweet