Kabuli Chana Biryani
For gravy of kabuli chana.
- 2 cups Cooked biryani rice.
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander.
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves.
- 1/2 tsp chopped green chillies.
- 1/4 tsp Kesar dissolved in 1/4 cup milk.
- 1 tsp oil.
- 1/2 cup kabuli chana.
- 1 tsp ginger paste.
- 1 tsp garlic paste.
- 1 tsp chili powder.
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
- 1 cup curd.
- 5 chopped tomatoes.
- 5 peeled and chopped potatoes.
- 1 chopped green chilies.
- 1 tbsp oil.
- salt according to taste
- Soak the kabuli chana overnight. Boil with a little water the next day. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the ginger and garlic pastes and sauté for a minute.
- Add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and add little water and fry for few minutes.
- Add the curds, tomatoes, potatoes and green chillies and stir for a while.
- Add the cooked kabuli chana and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Add the coriander, mint, green chillies and saffron milk. Keep aside.
- Take a pan. Grease it will oil then make 5 layers by spreading 1/3of the rice, then spreading ½ the kabuli chana gravy.
- Again spreading 1/3of the rice and finally the remaining kabuli chana gravy and another layer of rice .
- Cover the lid.
- Keep the pan in slow medium flame so that rice and kabuli chana biryani gets cooked well in slow flame.
- It will take about 20 to 25 minutes to cook keep checking in between the rice don't get burnt.
- Serve hot.