Tomato Cheeze Spread
- 4 cloves garlic.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves.
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice.
- 1/4 cup pine nuts.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 2 2/3 cups softened cream cheese.
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1 1/3 cups sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained.
- 1/3 cup tomato paste.
- 3/4 cup butter.
- salt and pepper according to taste.
METHOD TO PREPARE:
- Chop the garlic in a food processor.
- Mix in basil, lemon juice, pine nuts and olive oil. Process until well blended.
- Mix in 1/3 cup cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Blend using pulse setting until almost smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.
- Chop sun-dried tomatoes in the food processor.
- Mix in tomato paste and 1/3 cup cream cheese. Blend until it turn smooth.
- Place 2 cups cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat until fluffy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Evenly spread 3/4 cup cream cheese and butter mixture in the prepared dish.
- Layer alternately with 1/2 the sun-dried tomato mixture.
- 1/2 cup cream cheese and butter mixture and 1/2 the pesto mixture.
- Repeat layering, topping with remaining cream cheese and butter mixture. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 8 hours, or overnight.
- Carefully invert dish onto a platter and it is ready to serve.