- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano.
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained.
- 4 English muffins, split.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste.
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese.
METHOD TO PREPARE:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- Place ground Italian sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove from heat.
- Drain sausage, and mix in garlic salt, oregano and crushed pineapple.
- Arrange English muffin halves in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread with tomato paste.
- Layer with the Italian sausage mixture. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.