- Urad dal soaked in water for 2 hours : 2 cups.
- Finely chopped onions - 10.
- Green chillies chopped : 3.
- Chopped Ginger : 1 tsp.
- pepper: 1 tsp.
- Baking Soda : 1/4 tsp.
- Salt : according to taste.
- Oil : according to taste.
Method of preparation :-
- Mix urad dal and salt togetherin a mixture with adding very little water,into a coarse paste.
- Now add onions,ginger,pepper and baking soda into the ground paste and mix them together.
- With a light hands make a ball (with the help of water) with the paste.
- Flatten it and make a hole in the center like a doughnut.In between wet your hands with water,when ever needed.
- Drop the vadas into hot oil and deep fry till golden brown in color.
- Serve with chutney.